Textiles This Textiles course uniquely combines textile craft traditions woven with exciting innovative materials based in textile design. You create textiles for fashion and interiors contexts. The practical skills, creative judgement and professional confidence develop through engaging in the designing, making and evaluation of textiles.
- Students will learn proper art vocabulary
- Students will learn how to apply the Elements and Principles of Design
- Students will learn how to translate 2-D sketches into 3-D work
- Students will learn how to create storyboards to communicate ideas for interior design; focusing on space measurements
- Students will learn different ways to manipulate and apply a variety of fiber.
- Students will learn the skills needed to produce, alter, or repair fashion and textiles products.
- Students will refer to contemporary and historical trends in fashion and Design.
- Students will learn how to develop multiple solutions to a given prompt or problem.
- Students will learn how to create wearable and non-wearable fashions that originate from personal experience, research, and observation.